Friday, March 16, 2012

Badminton Training: Using the Finger

Just watched an insightful video on how to use the finger and the variation in the wrist to make quicker and sharper moves.

When used well, the technique also increases the power in your shots.

This could be the missing element that I've been searching for in my backhand strokes.

Also learnt some exercises that I can use to increase the dexterity of my wrist. Depending on the situation, all it takes is a little squeeze or a flick of the index finger or thumb to get that shot in a totally different direction.

Sometimes it's good to sit back and do some research. It all stems from the spirit of inquiry - questioning how things can be done better.

Looks like I'll have something more than rackets to test out over the weekend.

No comments: