Monday, July 23, 2012

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Li-Ning Flame N36

I now have to take back whatever impressions that I had for the Li-Ning brand. I used to think that they're just some overpriced OEM brand with no knowledge of racket-making.

With the Li-Ning Flame N36, I now know that they make pretty decent rackets. The overpriced bit stayed though.

Armed with the new Yonex Nanogy 99 strings, I took the N36 for a spin this morning and had a very good session. I know that because at the end of it I wish I could stay and play for a few hours more.

The smashes came off nice and sharp, with a great sound to boot! The Air Stream System that they've put at the 5 and 7 o'clock of the racket might have something to do with it I think.

Speaking of the Air Stream System, the holes cut into the head frame gave the Li-Ning Flame N36 a nice fast swing, be it on defense of when you want to put something fast in for your opponent.

I think the best thing about the racket is the level of control that I was able to muster from it. I was really enjoying myself on the court today, footwork ringing close to perfect as the game boiled down to how long I wanted the rallies to last.

Did I mention that the racket looks like a dream?


No comments: